Home‎ > ‎Historic Markers‎ > ‎

Hardee's Hood's & French's Headquarters

Site of Dr. Agustus Smith house,1864.

May 23: Gen. Wm. J. Hardee´s headquarters during the march of his Corps from Stegall´s Station (Emerson) to points south.

May 24: Gen. John B. Hood spent the night here enroute with his corps from Etowah River to New Hope Church.

Oct. 5: Gen. S.G. French withdrawing from the abortive attempt on the Federal garrison at Allatoona, stopped here enroute to rejoin Hood´s forces at New Hope Church.

GHM HM 110-1 GEORGIA HISTORICAL MARKER 1953 

Hardee's Hood's & French's Headquarters