Home‎ > ‎Historic Markers‎ > ‎

Left of the Confederate Line

Hardee´s A.C. was on the left of General J.E. Johnston´s line [CSA]~Dallas~New Hope front. May 26~June 4, 1864. Dallas was the southern~most objective of Federal forces in their flanking march around Allatoona.

During the Federal occupation of the Dalla~New Hope line, the Confederate forces maintained parallel lines of defense from Dallas to & beyond New Hope Church, which checked [USA] Sherman´s shift back to the State R. R. Daily conflict marked the period which ended when Federal thrusts N.E. forced Johnston to retire Eastward.

GHM HM 110-10 GEORGIA HISTORICAL MARKER 1953 

Left of the Confederate Line