Home‎ > ‎Historic Markers‎ > ‎

Site: Robertson House

May 24, 25, 1964. Lt. Gen. Win. J. Hardee [CSA] maintained h´dq´rs here during operations of his command in this sector, incident to finding the position of McPherson´s Army of the Tenn. (rt. Wing. Sherman´s forces [USA]).

On the 24th, uncertain of where McPherson would place his troops. Hardee extended Johnston´s [CSA] left S. E. to Powder Springs, only to be recalled on the 24th when McPherson´s seizure & occupation of Dallas became known Cleburne´s div. of the corps [CSA], passed the house enroute to Powder Springs & the return march N. to New Hope Ch. & battlefield of Pickett´s Mill.

GHM 110-19 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1953

Site: Robertson House