Cross Roads Church
One tenth mi. W. at the intersection of the old Dallas-Acworth & Burnt Hickory rds. - a key point of Federal military operations at New Hope Church & Dallas. May 25- June 5, 1864.
Hardee´s & Hood´s A.C. [Confederate] moved this way, S. - from the Etowah River, to New Hope Church, May 24, 25. June 2: the 23d A.C. [Federal] marched N.E. from Brown´s Mill to this point - turning S.E., 1.5 mi. to the Foster house. Ensuing operations outflanked the Confederate forces & caused their retreat toward Kennesaw Mt., June 4.
June 5: McPherson´s 15th & 16th A.C. [Federal] leaving the Dallas front June 1, marched by this Church to Acworth, on their way to Kennesaw Mtn.
GHM 110-26 GEORGIA HISTORICAL MARKER 1953