Davis' Div. at Dallas
May 26, 1864. Brig. Gen. J.C. Davis´ (2d) div. 14th A. C. [USA], reached Dallas on this rd. from Bishop´s Bridge (Pumpkin Vine Cr.).
These troops left Resaca, Gordon County, May 16, & marched to Rome via a route W. of the Oostanaula River. Leaving Rome, May 24, the command moved by Peek´s Spring (at Aragon), to Van Wert, where a road E. led via Bishop´s Bridge to Dallas.
Entering the town, Davis´ div. marched E. to the New Hope Church Rd. (State Highway 92) & established an intrenched line on the left of McPherson´s Army of the Tenn. [USA].
GHM 110-8 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1953