Henry Lester House
May 24, 25, 1864. Hardee´s corps. of Gen. J. E. Johnston´s army [Confederate] having marched on the 23d from Stegall´s Station (Emerson), passed this way to Powder Springs, where it camped until 3 a.m. of the 25th, when it counter-marched toward Dallas because of McPherson´s [Federal] approach to that place.
At this time, Hardee´s troops formed the left flank of Johnston´s army.
Enroute back to Dallas, Clebourne´s div. of the corps detoured N. from here to the George Darby house (near Macland Rd.) where it halted until ordered forward to New Hope Church that night.
GHM 110-21 GEORGIA HISTORICAL MARKER 1953