Sligh's Mill, Pottery & Tanyard
This Marker was run over by a car in 2003. The text that was on the Marker is below:
Noted crossroads settlement of the 1860´s.
Schofield´s 23rd corps [Federal], marching from Milam´s Bridge (Etowah River) camped here May 24-25, 1864. This corps was the rear & left guard of Sherman´s flanking march to by-pass the Allatoona Mtns. & it was stationed here 24 hrs. as a pivot, while McPherson´s Army of the Tennessee [Federal] moved in a left wheel from Van Wert to the Dallas front.
May 25, 5 P.M. The Corps moved to Burnt Hickory P.O. (Huntsville), enroute to New Hope Church.
GHM 110-2 GEORGIA HISTORICAL MARKER 1953